Telluride Ski Resort Delays Opening, Now 11/26!
Due to heavy machinery still on the mountain for Chair 9 construction and challenges related to snowmaking, the Telluride Ski Resort (Telski) just announced they will delay opening by two days to Saturday, November 26, 2022.
Go here for more about Telski.
Scott Pittenger, Director of Mountain Operations, commented on the decision:
“Our team is working around the clock to deliver Chair 9 this holiday season. At the moment, we still have large cranes and excavators at high elevations, so we need a few more days of work and then a safe route to bring the equipment downhill. Unfortunately, the route to bring it all down in conjunction with challenges related to snowmaking requires us to delay our opening.”
When the resort opens on Saturday, November 26th, there will be wall to wall coverage on the open runs with a good quality skiing experience.
Additionally, many of the on-mountain restaurants and services will be opening next week according to the following schedule:
● Gorrono Ranch will open for the season on 11/26/22. Gorrono will be serving a full menu, and featuring drink specials that Saturday and Sunday.
● The Chondola will open to the public for transportation purposes on 11/26/22.
● Ski School will be offering lessons starting 11/26/22
● Allreds will open for the season on Thanksgiving Day.
● The Peaks Resort and Spa is open and will be serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner at Altezza starting on Thanksgiving Day.
● The Pick and Crazy Elk are open for the season.
● Tomboy Tavern will open on 11/21/22.
Guests can contact the Mountain Sales team via phone, email, or stopping by any ticket
window to request a refund on ski school or lift ticket products for November 24th and 25th.
The resort will be reaching out to these guests directly as well, and all such requests will be accommodated.
For more information on refunds:
Comments are closed.